2. Paint Brush
3. Octopus Stamp
4. White Fabric Paint
5. Navy Acrylic Paint
6. Two Pillow Covers in Blue Smoke from here (they were on sale in the store and I had a coupon on top of that). Of course you could use any pillow cases you had on hand. Including bright white for a bed. That would be delicious.
* I had all the above items except for the paint and pillow covers.
Here is the how to:
2. Squeeze a few drops of white paint on the cd case and lightly touch your stamp to the case.
3. Press the stamp down lightly, but the hold your weight on it, and when you lift up, hold the fabric tight on both sides of the stamp then lift up. Lifting up towards the ceiling is very important.
4. Continue the process until you have something you like.
5. Go back with a paintbrush and white paint and fill in any areas that didn't quite get stamped (I didn't want it too perfect though, wanted to keep it organic looking so I left some areas ligher, etc.)
6. Use your paintbrush with the navy paint to draw in the eyes.
That's it! Definitely one of my favorite diy projects I've done in a while!
Have a great Father's Day weekend and I'll be back on Monday to recap our 1 year anniversary trip we took last weekend. This Sunday marks our actual 1 year anniversary!